Saturday, March 6, 2010

the september issue

Well first off, I'm going to say that I was pleasantly surprised to find that this documentary was not at all what I thought it would be. I'm not exactly sure what I thought was going to happen but what did was a nice surprise. I know that it takes a lot of people and a lot of time and effort to put together a magazine but I had no real grasp on the whole idea until watching this film. There are so many more things going into Vogue then the latest trends and shows. It's a story told through clothing, accessories and scenery. It's amazing to watch it all come together and be able to see the final product.


Not to mention that I love the divine Ms. Anna Wintour a little bit more after this. She works so hard and really loves what she does.

As for Grace (yup, Grace Coddington and I are on a first name basis) is amazing in this. She's such a fighter and I love it (and her). Everyone else kind of let's Anna run shiz but not Grace, if she thinks Anna's wrong she lets her know.

I had one question though, why was there not more Andre Leon Talley. I know he's kind of crazy and over the top (which is why people love him) but really, why is he not in it more.

Go out, rent it, buy it, do whatever, but make sure you watch it at some point. It's super good and really gives you insight on all the effort that goes into making this iconic magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment