Wednesday, April 14, 2010

adding a little bit of carrie to my life

I know I'm a bit behind the times when it comes to the classic HBO series, Sex and the City, but needless to say that being at home without my roommates (who all left me this past week since they had no upcoming exams) I was left to own devices and had to occupy my time sans distractions, conversations or anything from someone besides myself and found my gaze falling on the hit television series.  


Although I had always heard such amazing things about the show I never really thought that it would live up to its hype and being the third wheel in conversation like "who are you for, Big or Aiden" or the "what character do you relate with most"didn't help the hype to death factor. Well, it did live up to the hype and now I'm hooked. I've gone through two complete seasons about two days and I'm dying for more. 


I think had I watched it a few years ago, I wouldn't really have gotten many of the references or thought that a lot of the relationship issues made sense. Let me tell you, where I'm at now in my life I get what they are trying to say. I'm not very old but I think I've seen more and experienced a fragment more and that knowledge has caused the emotional connection with this show that countless women felt when they first saw this show back in 1998. 


I like that I can live vicariously through them whether it be experiencing love, loss and even hear tidbits of advice. The four single and fabulous ladies that have been occupying my laptop screen for hours at a time are becoming parts of my life (yup that's how lonely I am, fake friends on a television show are now my new besties). The fact that the show is based out of the amazing city of New York makes that little bit more exciting. 




Taken from Entertainment Weekly from season 1 episode 11

I often times find myself laughing, literally, out loud at some of the dialogue and situations that the characters find themselves in. It's fun and emotional. It's everything I thought it would be and more. 


I don't know why I waited so long to join the Sex and the City cult but I finally have and I don't intend on leaving it anytime soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment